View Single Post
Unread 01-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
chuckcockrum
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

To answer your question, last year we set a payout of $500 for Grand Champ, $250 for Reserve Champ, and $50 in each category for 1st-5th. We had 30 teams attend, and ended up paying $1000 for Grand Champ, $500 for Reserve Champ, and the $50 for 1st-5th in each category. We can guarantee the amount above, but why we aren't offering more is because of the funding. We have to pay for a stage, bands, a generator for power for the teams, porta pottys, etc...And being a fairly new event a lot of businesses haven't jumped on the sponsorship bandwagon quite yet. Last year we broke even after it was all said and done, and we have put together some sponsor packages for this year that we hope will do well. We want to increase our purse every year to eventually get to $5000 Grand, $2500 Reserve, and 1st-5th in each category as follows: 1st-$250, 2nd-$200, 3rd-$150, 4th-$100, 5th-$50. I do take your criticism as a positive thing though. And you are totally right that it should be more diverse for that 1st-5th places. We most likely will pay more I'm sure if we do get 50 teams and several sponsorships, and I will advise breaking that payout down more. Thank you for your input! I hope to see you there!
chuckcockrum is offline   Reply With Quote