View Single Post
Unread 01-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
btcg
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
It's a personal preference, there is no correct answer here. I prefer lump myself, just so you know where I'm coming from. It definitely burns cleaner and hotter, but in general, I do not agree that lump burns longer. Some brands of lump can burn for quite a while, but Kingsford briquettes can burn for a very long time for a lot less money.

The reason I like lump is because of the reduced ash, and faster response to air adjustments. I also like lump better because it is just wood, that's it, nothing else. In fact, some lump even produces a smoky flavor in food.

Stay away from Cowboy, and tell your friend that uses Cowboy that they should do themselves a favor and start looking at other brands of lump. Cowboy is truly that bad.

Pretty much anyone, anywhere can find Royal Oak lump somewhere, many get it from Wal-Mart. Wicked Good is basically top of the line lump. It burns hot, and burns for a long time. It is pretty pricey though, but worth it as long as you can afford it. Otherwise you should check out the Royal Oak.

The 100% hardwood briquettes mentioned above also work, but I still prefer lump. It is truly personal preference, there is no one correct answer or else we would all be doing it that one way.
Chris,

You don't use Matchlight? And I thought you were darn good cook!

[FONT=Courier New][I]Proud Graduate of:[/I][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Courier New][B]Jack's Old South BBQ Cooking School[/B][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Courier New][B]Johnny Trigg & Rod Gray BBQ Cooking School[/B][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Courier New][B]Paul Kirk BBQ Cooking School[/B][/FONT][/I]
btcg is offline   Reply With Quote