View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #10
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Another thing to remember is that this is not exclusively an FBA forum! :D With "our" season starting in January we get front loaded compared to most of the county.

We've got Brothers that compete in the mid-west and up in NEBS country as well as the west coast - and, as you know, they won't startup for another month or two.

I'm hoping to see LOTS of teams represented here - I love the fact that FL teams jumped in and have started the ball rolling.

Also, this particular part of the overall forum was started because several of us started competing in 2004. We wanted to share our trials, travails, and joy of winning - and we put it in this area to keep the posts from getting lost in the general traffic of the site.

We ENCOURAGE new competitors and wanna-be's to post. I know what you mean about sensitivities but the "tip of the iceberg" here is encouragement and commaraderie (can't spell tonight). For us "older" members of the group hurting another member is something to feel ashamed of - we really strive to not run people off. :D

You may find some "trash talk" and a bit of smack here but RESPECT is the name of the game. Something we have to be careful about is to ensure that this forum doesn't become and exclusive club where only the members who know each other participate.

Like I said earlier - I'm hoping the other areas of the country get active on this forum too. I want to share in the adventures of 2Fat, BB and BBII, Spice, KC, Solid, and anyone else that ponies up the scratch to compete.

So we try to take a bit of care to not offend competitors here. I like the competitors I've met and wish them all the best at each and every competitions - however, I'll trash talk with the best of 'em when I'm signed up to cook! :D

Yeah, this forum is a bit different from "the others". For the most part we actually like each other and over the months (and for some of us years) we've been here we've gotten to really care about one another, too. We support each other knowing that if our teams ever go head to head we'll each be trying to win!

Just my $.02 worth.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote