View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #15
Phrasty
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Lamb Cooking post

Hey Everyone, So I finished up the lamb today and it got rave reviews. . It was requested I do the lamb to medium doneness. Temps were at 153˚ in the thickest section when I took it off the fire to get a small section a tad under medium which I think it perfect. I smoked it with some almond for the first hour to not overwhelm the lamb flavor with too much smoke (I do not recommend smoking lamb heavily, although that could be a personal preference). All in all the leg cooked indirect for about 3.5 hours at 275-300. Took it over to the venue sliced it up and plated it. I was fighting the urge to clean up and "dispose" of the bones for them. . I resisted! lol OK on to the lamb pics:

Lamb just on the smoker:

45 mins in:

2 hours in:

Off the smoker:

All carved up & plated:

I also smoked 2 sides of salmon along with the lamb. They were seasoned with my salmon rub, which is:

kosher salt
brown sugar
my pork rub (Which I'm calling "Hog Dirt")
lemon pepper
and a very little curing salt (like 1/4 of what you would normally use).

They sat for about 12 hours in the fridge then I washed them off, patted them dry, sprinkled on some coarse red and black peppercorns and stuck them back in the fridge to dry the surface. I put them on the smoker @ 255 & smoked them with lychee until the temp reached 135. I'm sorry I didn't get any pics of this plated up but I just broke it up into nice big chunks and served with a home-made mustard-dill sauce! It was out of this world good!
AAAAAND on to the pics:

Fresh:

Seasoned up:

Vacu-packed and headed for the fridge:

Rinsed off, dried and coated with cracked pepper:

All done and coming off

It was all amazing! The host and party was very pleased to say the least. So there it is, That's how I do lamb & if any of you want a easy way to nail lamb... I urge you to try this...

Thanks for looking!

Cheers
1 - 25 gal. self-made vertical smoker
1 - 120 gal. self-made trailer stick-burner

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=88599
Phrasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->