Ozzie New-vow farki'n Qwazine!

G'Day Bruces'!

I have posted the full thread here on Aussie Yabbies I caught on my holidays.

Here's my 2nd TD entry..

Yabbies, marinated in Thyme infused Olive Oil, cooked on CI over charcoal and oak chips, on a bed of Asian fragrant herbs with Thai Dipping sauce and lime.
DSC_0023_1542.jpg

Dang, I am voting for Bill I think, I love yabbies, they are so hard to get here. Wait, are those Murray Rivers Crays or Yabbies, cause if they are Murray River crays, I want them more.

The dipping sauce looks killer too.

Brisket Nigiri

I cooked two packers on my drum last night. They were seasoned in the Central Texas tradition (salt, coarse pepper, a little cayenne). Both briskets had a really nice smoke ring, were very juicy and tender - a hot and fast success. To put the new in Nouveau, I present you an old favorite.

Brisket Nigiri
A noveau presentation of a Brethren classic. We offer a slice of smoked brisket flat in the Central Texas tradition, heartily seasoned with cracked pepper. It is served on a mashed potato nigiri roll with a relish of chopped dill pickle and raw white onion. Accompanying your dish are mustard potato salad and sauced biscuit rounds

DSC_0166.jpg

Enjoy!

Outstanding High Q, brilliant rendition. This Throw Down is really going now.

Ooo,and we can now see clearly, Guerry did his own plating

And you are correct, he did plate his own this time...but can you not agree that he has come a LONG way?! I thought his plate was quite spectacular, he is learing from the mastress:becky:!

Before I go on with this post, I want to apologize in advance to Landarc. Please don't hate me, Bob. :becky:

When this throwdown was announced I had no idea what i would enter. I normally enter meals that we eat for dinner, and I rarely cook Nouveau Quisine :-D Then an idea hit me. So I set off to buy the ingredients and ran into a couple of snags. I couldn't find two ingredients any where near me. I went on a search on Saturday and after hitting three different stores I finally scored!

So, with ingredients finally in hand I started cooking this afternoon. I had an ulterior motive so i fired up a chimney full of Royal Oak lump and put a spare Weber grate on top and cooked on that.

P4190002.JPG

First I grilled the New York Strips to medium rare...

P4190003.JPG

Then the pork chops to 145 internal temp

P4190004.JPG

Then the chicken breast

P4190005.JPG

By now you're wondering what the heck I'm going to do with all of that meat, right?

Well, at this point I took a break and saw High Q's Brisket Nigiri entry and I said "Crap. Now I need another idea!" But, after all of the planning, I decided to go ahead any way.

So, Brethren and Sisthren, without further ado, I present to you...

Q-shi!

P4190008.JPG

Use this picture please, Chris.

From left to right...

Pork Chop Nigiri with Lime-Wasabi Glaze

P4190010.JPG

New York Strip Nigiri with Horseradish

P4190011.JPG

Chicken Breast Nigiri with Citrus-BBQ Sauce

P4190012.JPG

and BBQ Maki with all three meats, cucumber and avocado with BBQ Sauce

P4190013.JPG

In case you are wondering what ingredients I had a hard time with, apparently folks in the far wester suburbs don't make a lot of sushi, and sushi rice was hard to find. Also, the colorful say paper wrappers (mamenori, right landarc?) are even more scarce. I had to go to three different Asian markets before I found any.

Fark! The entries are getting better and better, I may actually earn a 0. I am IMMMpressed. To tell you the truth, I don't think I have ever had the mamenori wrappers. I love nori so the soy bean nori thing never has gotten used. Still, outstanding :thumb:

Hickory Smoked Turkey with Braised Zucchini Coins, Humus and Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Roma Tomato

I know, I know, Christmas just ended, who in their right mind would smoke a Turkey so soon???.

Someone who has 8 Turkeys after splurging on $4.00 15lb'ers due to overstocking, that's who. Besides, I like Turkey.

Went this way and that with the cooking approach, but spatchcocking is simple and efficient with little chance of failure so that's the approach I took. Cut the spine out and broke the breastbone to flatten her out.

Pat dry, EVOO, Salt, Lawry's, Greek seasoning and and Thyme liberally. Smoked over Hickory for around 2 hours. Bone side down.

Braised the Zucchini Medallions in oil and onion slivers, salt and pepper.

Cut a Roma Tomato on the bias top and bottom and fill with broccoli cheese rice.

Humus liberally add to whatever you like.....

Here's the bird getting warm.

101_0546.jpg

And completely done. (Still trying to figure a way to reconstruct one of these when its done. Like a FrankenTurkey. (But that's another adventure)

101_0549.jpg

And finally the plated meal. Damn good all the way around. Enjoy...

The BBQQB

"Deconstructed" Thanksgiving

I did a rotisserie 12# turkey yesterday, took a little longer than it usually does, maybe the temp had something to do with it!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My entry, turkey with potato pancake and gravy, roasted sweet potato medallions and basalmic, and broccoli with a wild rice, bacon, portabella mushrooms, and onions infusion:shocked:

picture.php

Nice work, did not expect turkey. on edit: Did not expect two turkeys, everyone is pulling out the stops

Back