I have a feeling this is the wrong TD for a first-timer, but I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Why Mr. Gore, I don't remember saying anything about trading. But a girl has to be extra good to compete with all the fella's, don't you think? :drama:

I just love that little Drama Queen.

Don't forget you've got Redhot, ecode and Amber backing you up in the Throwdowns. :becky:

Why Mr. Gore, I don't remember saying anything about trading. But a girl has to be extra good to compete with all the fella's, don't you think? :drama:

I just love that little Drama Queen.

I'm sorry, I thought you might've shed your boyfriend in that bidding war for The QB's vote. But, what do I know. :crazy: As far as competing with the guys, I bet the gals would win that competition easily. Chris, once you run the numbers for first entry and an entry in the rear, perhaps you can figure out the average number of votes for a guy compared to a gal. You could normalize this to the number of votes in each throwdown and express as percent to be more fair (and you might also consider only thowdowns in which both sexes participated).

I'm sorry, I thought you might've shed your boyfriend in that bidding war for The QB's vote. But, what do I know. :crazy: As far as competing with the guys, I bet the gals would win that competition easily. Chris, once you run the numbers for first entry and an entry in the rear, perhaps you can figure out the average number of votes for a guy compared to a gal. You could normalize this to the number of votes in each throwdown and express as percent to be more fair (and you might also consider only thowdowns in which both sexes participated).
I wholly agree with that approach...but I'm not sure I know with certainty the sex of each contestant!:shock: So we would have to examine a limited set.

well, I think if you do Team Husbands versus Team Wives, it will be close, Gore has been on a roll and so has Guerry. They may have caught up with Team Wives, even with Alan taking a break. Or perhaps because Alan has taken a break.

I am just gonna say, as I sit here eating, Mr. Gore, you are not gonna be disappointed with my soon to be published effort. I will probably not win again, but, this rocks. :becky:

Yes...and here it is, but, first an explanation.

My rules:
1. Nouvelle Quisine will not be about froo-froo plating, it will be true to the core of Nouvelle Cuisine, which is to say, traditional technique with lighter flavors.

2. Ingredients were to be fresh and local where possible, all will be as high a quality as possible.

3. Flavors shall be derived from ingredients driven either by season or technique. No heavy cream sauces on meat or veggies.

4. There should be enough to make a meal, not a amuse bouche. My appetite is not amused by a spoon full of custard.

5. I will use a meat that is 'normal' to smoking and within the norm for most of use to purchase.

So...
plating.jpg

Smoked Beef Chuck Rib braised in a wine and cherry reduction, Fresh sugar snap peas sauteed poached in Sweet Barnea cold pressed extra virgin olive oil with kosher salt, baby shiitake mushrooms sauteed in poaching oil of sugar snap peas, potato galette with eggnog custard and sauteed sweet onions and baby shiitake mushrooms with sweet butter, wine and cherry reduction sauce with herb tea and Sweet Barnea oil drizzle.

Maybe I can get that third Golden Goose Egg finally.

on edit: I forgot to mention, the top was crispy, like beef cracklins, every bite had a little crunchy fat bite.

Grilled pork top loin chop marinated in a Yoshida based marinade. (Yoshida is similar to terriyaki sauce and it's incredible. If you've never tried it, you need to.) Served over steamed brown rice with steamed sugar snap peas.

121.jpg

PS - Thanks for allowing me to use our china for the second time since we got it for our wedding 8 years ago...

Last edited:
Smoked Beef Chuck Rib braised in a wine and cherry reduction, Fresh sugar snap peas sauteed poached in Sweet Barnea cold pressed extra virgin olive oil with kosher salt, baby shiitake mushrooms sauteed in poaching oil of sugar snap peas, potato galette with eggnog custard and sauteed sweet onions and baby shiitake mushrooms with sweet butter, wine and cherry reduction sauce with herb tea and Sweet Barnea oil drizzle.

That looks great, Bob! I'd say that you met your goals!

Grilled pork top loin chop marinated in a Yoshida based marinade. (Yoshida is similar to terriyaki sauce and it's incredible. If you've never tried it, you need to.) Served over steamed brown rice with steamed sugar snap peas.

Nice job! I love Yoshida's marinade. We use it on kebabs, pork chops, chicken breast, etc. quite often.

Um......., Wow.

Nice looking entry Goro.

The BBQQB

Back