View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #14
is One Chatty Farker

Ok Gents, finished product. They turned out really good, all in attendance loved them. I personally liked the rack rubbed with Corky's memphis style rub a little better than the rack that had the Montreal Steak Seasoning. Both had really good flavor and I like the large grains of the Montreal seasoning but in the end the classic flavor of a memphis style rub really worked well with the spares. Next time I may do a little minor dusting with cayenne to liven it up. But I had to play to my audience for this one .

I started with over 10 lbs on two racks so I had a lot of rib trimmings to feed the youngins. Everybody was full and happy. Things I learned, next time get a little more aggressive with the fat on the thick end. The best ribs were just shy of the middle section. And maybe go a little longer and aim for temps a little lower. Last two hours they were running at around 265* give or take.

Also realized I had no AJ to spray with during the cook. The wrap mixture of honey/brown sugar/AJ was modded with cherry pepsi instead of the AJ with no observable difference in flavor. Sweet Baby Ray's is a good finisher too if you don't take time to make your own sauce. All in all good, see last pic as evidence . Thanks for looking.
Meadowcreek SQ36 with 2nd grate, 1991 Weber Performer w/ SS table, UDS, gasser.-Glenn-

Last edited by 42BBQ; 01-20-2011 at 04:55 AM..
42BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->