Originally Posted by Teleking
but why risk it. Home canning safety and food poisoning is nothing to mess with as it can kill you.
No kidding. When I was a younger guy, I worked as a nurse's aid in the Neuro ICU of a hospital. There was a guy there who took a bite of his mom's canned asparagus and spit it out immediately. The amount of botulism in that ONE TASTE THAT HE DIDN'T SWALLOW almost killed him. He was on a ventilator for over six months and in rehab for more than a year after that.
Pro Q Frontier, UDS (Little Red), "Turtle Drum" UDS, CG Gasser KCBS CBJ#61160