Marinated Gulf Shrimp, Prosciutto Wrapped Sea Scallops and a Tomato Cucumber Salad.

plate4.jpg

Nice plates, Larry and Gore!

Will you guys be posting any details on how you made those dishes? Besides drooling over everyone's food I like to see the process and recipes so I can try them at home.

Will you guys be posting any details on how you made those dishes?

It was actually pretty easy. I called the throwdown and Larry made the plate. There aren't too many more details on my end. Really, I should get all the credit for calling the category as he never would've made it otherwise. :becky:

It was actually pretty easy. I called the throwdown and Larry made the plate. There aren't too many more details on my end. Really, I should get all the credit for calling the category as he never would've made it otherwise. :becky:

Oh darn... I meant to type Guerry! :oops:

You guys look so much alike :)

Nice plate Guerry, I can see now, the scallop idea is out. That is the last time I taunt in this context.

Will you guys be posting any details on how you made those dishes? Besides drooling over everyone's food I like to see the process and recipes so I can try them at home.

Gore and I thank you!

I'll be posting mine tonight or tomorrow night. Not sure about Gore though. His will be much harder...

My Entry

Since I have not been in a throwdown in quite awhile, I really had to think about this. Which as many of you know is not easy for me. :laugh:

Regardless, I am still not sure just what Nouveau Q is. But here goes.

I found these cute little Rock Cornish Game Hens anthought it would be good to try them on my new toy, Rotisserie!

Used my secrete rub and seasoning and put the little girls on the spit. Mind you this was not an easy task as the forks are huge. So sort of put them inside the forks and tied them in place.

Roto.jpg

So far so good, but what else goes with it? Of course Risotto with porcinni mushrooms. Yeah right, couldn't find any so used just plain rooms.

I toasted the rice in butter and olive oil, then added the rooms, and chicken stock for more flavor.

Then I grilled some zucks and yellow squash with just a little oil.

The result is this.

Finish1.jpg

Outstanding hens.:clap2::clap2: My photography is lacking today, but you get the idea.

Fortunately I am looking without my glasses on and that is as sharp as can be. Nice little chickens there Jim

So I finally got some time today to cook, and wanted to get in this throwdown. I cooked a butt and a turkey breast. See my whole thread here http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1503570&posted=1#post1503570. Here is my wife's plate.

DSC02492.jpg

Something about pork, sauce, slaw, bun, and frozen french fries on a paper plate didn't scream Nouveau, so I added a little turkey and honey mustard. I think it made a difference, but I'm still not sure.

DSC02483.jpg

Chris, I guess I'll use this picture.

Well, I've done nothing be get distracted with this throwdown. I haven't a clue as to what to submit and all of these look fabulous.

Gary, I know I complimented your peas, but what really makes me drool are those prawns. They are beautiful. I also know just how they taste.

Bill, I love duck, but laying on those noodles makes it irresistible.

Tom, I think that corndog captures the true essence of this throwdown in one of my visions.

Zydeco, those scallops are beautiful. I love the way they come out on the grill and I'm so glad those are not overcooked. I do wish I could try that sturgeon.

And yes, Larry, just like Tom, you captured the essence of this throwdown in my other vision. I keep looking at that top view and wondering if it is some symbol.

Guerry, an absolutely lovely plating job Redhot did for you. I'm sure you've got another thread with more shots of those scallops. They look great.

Jim, your wonderful wife kept you locked up for too long. Welcome back. I love what you replaced that hen's head with. Now that is nouveau! I hope you saved me a thigh and some of that risotto!

Anthony, yes, yes, YES! That's IT!

And Ron, are you really sure you want the recipe? I don't think I measured the ingredients this time. :rolleyes:

Oh darn... I meant to type Guerry! :oops:

You guys look so much alike :)

^^^^^ Thanks Ron! You had me looking through the entire thread again looking for Gore's entry. :roll: I will be posting a cook thread.

VVVVV At least you HAVE hair.:becky:

It's really quite easy. I've got a lot more grey hair, one of the benefits of having two daughters. :thumb:

Guerry, an absolutely lovely plating job Redhot did for you. I'm sure you've got another thread with more shots of those scallops. They look great.

Redhot loved the compliment but truth be known...

I actually plated it...

Myself! Yes! I tried to get as minimalist as I could and used only three shrimp, three scallops and nine slices of tomato and cucumber with only a slight drizzle of dressing (that someone was very kind enough to send me - some kind of creamed vinegar:-D) after a sprinkle of cracked pepper and kosher salt.

A cute little hen

First, Mr. Jim, I had no idea that you were going to enter a hen in this throwdown. I cooked this on Monday but did not have a chance to enter it. Please accept my humble apology.

Now Cornish Hens are not something that I would cook very often, but the category seemed to call for something a bit lighter. This was somewhat difficult to explain to my guy, as he likes his meat. Interpret that statement any way you like fellas, I know how your minds work.

Any how, he asked if I had been to the park, and didn’t I know it’s against the law to shoot pigeons! And here I had slaved all day to make this wonderful dinner. Ungrateful #%$&$.

I borrowed a kettle from a friend cause the big smoky thingy is, well too big for this sweet little girl.

Grill.jpg

I’m a simple girl so I just did an indirect cook at about 300. No rub cause I thought a sauce was in order.

It took longer than I thought it would, an hour and a half + to get her up to 170. When she was ready I foiled her and let her rest while I cooked the rest. Pan grilled asparagus with toasted sesame seed, and a portabella Mushroom.

I also made a white wine with lemon sauce, with a touch of butter. Simmered that the whole time the little girl was on the grill.

This is the finished product.

Finish2.jpg

Half for each of us. OHHH it was really good. Plenty for me, but you know who was still a little hungry.

Thanks for lookin everyone.

CG

Nice little chicken, although 1/2 does seem a little light for a guy's dinner.

Any how, he asked if I had been to the park, and didn’t I know it’s against the law to shoot pigeons! And here I had slaved all day to make this wonderful dinner. Ungrateful #%$&$.

I can see why you'd trade that relationship for a Throwdown vote.

I can see why you'd trade that relationship for a Throwdown vote.

Why Mr. Gore, I don't remember saying anything about trading. But a girl has to be extra good to compete with all the fella's, don't you think? :drama:

I just love that little Drama Queen.

Back