View Single Post
Unread 01-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheezer View Post
Hi everyone, I purchased a Traeger 075 last week and my experience thus far is Rib Eyes. My wife just picked up a 6 pound boneless leg of lamb and would like me to smoke it wrapped in agave. My biggest concern is that the agave growing in my yard is the blue ish grey sort and not the kind that is used to make tequila. I am thinking that it may be better to inject or rub agave syrup? Any help with this or suggested cooking time, temp, pellets, etc... would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Wheezer
Sorry, I don't know much about agave, but I do like the idea of injecting a thinned down version of your agave rub... I guess it depends on how strong of a flavor the rub has...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheezer View Post
laughing at:
"Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match."
Not far from the truth!
Don't worry about it... Both the title and experience level change with time... Just the fact that you are trying something different with the lamb shows that!
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote