Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee will be offered for purchase frequently. Here are some important details that apply to the majority of these offerings.
- I don't have warehouse space to stock every possible coffee origin, so I am going to offer coffees that I have cupped (the coffee world word for sampling and tasting) or have been cupped by someone who's palette I trust. So, what does this mean to you? Basically, you will be able to buy one coffee at a time, and it will be whatever I feel like roasting
- I will offer a variety of coffees including single origin coffees (i.e., coffee from a single country, growing region and farm) as well as hand-crafted blends. I enjoy experimenting with blends of different single origin coffees and test these regularly. When I find a blend that works well I will offer it for purchase to the Brethren.
- All coffee will be offered as whole bean in 12 oz. bags (approx. weight). Roasted coffee stays fresh longer in whole bean form. If you don't have a grinder I will have some recommendations for you. If you are cost-conscious, you can usually find usable grinders at your local Goodwill store or thrift shop. The bag will be vacuum sealed and will have a tear-off strip at the top that will remove the sealed section and leave a zipper to allow you to reseal the bag. The weight of the bag will vary slightly from 12 oz. depending on the specific coffee inside. Some coffee beans vary in size and weight, so please don't be upset if one bag is 11.9 oz. and another is 12.1 oz. I put as much coffee in the bag as it will hold. Also, remember that contents may settle during shipment
- Most coffee will be offered at $12/bag. Occasionally I will have a special coffee available at a higher cost. The price will be clearly stated so there are no surprises. For those who have bought coffee from me at BBQ Competitions, the $12/bag price reflects a significant increase in the cost of green coffee beans. Coffee prices are up over 40% since last spring, so my costs have increased significantly. In addition, I only buy green coffee that meets my standards. This means that you are getting some of the best coffee available at the time of purchase. Yes, my prices are higher than the coffee that you buy in the grocery store, but there is a huge difference in quality. We'll talk about this is a separate thread.
- Unfortunately, shipping is not cheap. I will not mark up shipping, but in order to make life easier I have chosen to use flat rate shipping for every one. This means that the actual shipping costs for some will be lower than the flat rate price, but will be higher for others. My hope is that these will balance out and I won't lose money on shipping. If this concept doesn't work I can always change it.
At this time the lowest cost shipping is available through the US Postal Service, even after price increases that went into effect on January 1.
My current shipping rates are:
Priority Mail (2-3 days) (preferred): $5.00 for one bag or two bags. <--- New lower shipping costs!
Priority Mail is preferred because I can get the packaging free from the USPS and delivery is faster, which means that your coffee will be fresher when it gets to you.
- This is important. I currently roast outside, so I am limited to when I can roast by my job (including business travel), family obligations, and the weather. So, in an attempt to reduce disappointing folks by delaying shipments because I can't roast when planned, I will not be taking pre-orders for coffee. i will offer coffee as I have it available. This means that quantities will be limited and will be first come- first served. Because of this I ask that each order be limited to two bags maximum. this will allow more people to enjoy Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee.
- Basically, when I have coffee available i will post a new thread in this forum. I will try to roast as much at a time as i can, but until I get a feel for demand, the quantities will be smaller. Please don't be upset if you miss out on a particular offering. If weather and my schedule allows I will have new coffee available at least every two week, hopefully sooner.
When I post a new thread with coffee available I will include the details about the coffee, the number of bags available, and the pricing. Please post your commitment to buy in this thread. I will update the first post in the thread as often as possible and will keep a running tally of commitments so you will know how many bags are still available. Please look at the current commitments and any that have been added since my last update and do the math! If you there are 20 bags available and you see commitments for all 20, then that offering is sold out even if I haven't updated the thread.
Once you have committed to buy please send me a PM with your Paypal account information. I will be using Paypal for payment since it allows a variety of payment sources, and offers protection for both the buyer (you) and the seller (me). If you don't have a Paypal account you can still send money via the Paypal web site using a major credit card. If you have an objection to Paypal for some reason, don't whine to me about it
Once I receive your Paypal information I will send you an invoice for the amount of your purchase. You will have three days to complete the transaction. If you can't pay within three days and haven't notified me, I will re-offer the coffee for someone else to buy. If this happens, I will note this and if it happens a second time you will be put on a list of deadbeats.