View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2010, 01:01 AM   #7295
coewar
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog043 View Post
I would say, your air flow is not working the way it should. If you use the KISS method your drum temp would be easier to dial in to what you want it!! Easy way to try it, close your side exhaust vents and open the 2" bung hole for exhaust. Leave it wide open and control your temp with the intake. If you want more smoke flavor add more wood chunks. I don't know what the other sites say to do, this is the best on the net for help with anything Q, hands down, in my opinion. Give the KISS method a try and see if it works for you. People on here have more problems trying to improve what works. Not saying you can't come up with some other design that will work for you.
The thing is actually that I was thinking I was making it SIMPLER than the other designs by drilling 3 of the same type of holes in the side of the barrel. I thought it was harder to remove the bung hole cap (which seems to require a tool I don't have) and then putting a flap on that.

But I will try at least leaving all the top vents open and see if I notice it better. Then maybe I can find something to open this bung hole cap.
coewar is offline   Reply With Quote