View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #14
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Just wanted to post this pic to compare with Ron's.
Great comparison! I'm not sure that I would have even noticed the more cooked area at the edges on mine with out your pics to compare to!

The roast in my pic was a BGE cook and what I have been doing more of recently. However, when the comp season is done and my FEC-100 is out of the trailer, i really prefer the FEC-100 for prime rib. Stuart, the president of Cookshack, posted his prime rib method (and an updated version) a while ago and I use it with fantastic results. I like his original method better. Basically, he cooks the roast at 250 degrees until your desired internal temp and then drops the FEC-100 temp to 140 degrees and holds the Prime Rib in the cooker for at least four hours. The hold time allows the juices and flavor to circulate throughout the roast. It really produces great results. You could do a reverse sear after the hold time but I haven't tried this.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->