View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
is one Smokin' Farker
Join Date: 07-13-09
Location: Lilburn, GA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default general NSF question

BBQ Business 101, just thinking here.

Is there specific items that have to be NSF approved to be used in a commercial BBQ business (be it catering or a full on restaurant) or is it just everything that comes in contact with the food.

I've seen NSF approvals on tons of small things (knives, cutting boards, racks and shelving) but I'm wondering about specialty items in BBQ like the smokers themselves. I'm sure the expensive smokers like the Southern-Prides have their NSF approval, but I've eaten plenty of Q that is cooked outside in an offset smoker. Does your smoker just have to be seen by the inspector, or is there a list of approved smokers? What is the possibility of having a UDS approved?
Panthers65 is offline   Reply With Quote