View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #7257
stglide
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerKing View Post
I like the Mavericks, they have held up good for me and the transmission distance hasn't been an issue. Easy to use and they have a dual probe transmitter/receiver.

I drill two holes in my UDS's, a lower one for the center probe entry and the upper for the meat. I then in install some electrical clamp connectors. Not a sure tight seal but good enough to allow probe insertion and removal fairly easily.

I fabricated a stand that holds the transmitter(s) and placed velcro on the bracket and on the back of the transmitter.
Smoker... How close is the BBQ Therm to your cooking grate? I guess you're relying more on the digital??? I installed my therm just below the grate level. I have noticed that when you put the meat on, the coolness will affect it, so I don't worry about it that much for the first few minutes when it returns to temps close to before putting meat on. Theory being it is as close to the meat as possible, though the probe doesn't reach the middle, and we've had the whole diffuser discussion! ;)
Charbroil Quantum 5 burner
Brinkman SKD Offset w/ Mods
[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
stglide is offline   Reply With Quote