View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 10:57 PM  
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default Earth Apple topped with cheese and gravy! AKA:Poutine

Poutine, from all the definitions that I looked up, is French Fries with cheese curds that is then topped with beef gravy. I found that there were several recognized variations of Poutine involving the use of various ingredients but, the main components are French Fries, a cheese, and a gravy like coating.
While researching this, I was reminded of the proud French heritage in Canada. And it dawned on me. Pomme Terre or Pomme de Terre is French for Potato and that literally translates to Earth Apple or Apple of the Earth. So, how could I deny the current apple throwdown an Earth Apple entry?
Here's how it went!
Gravy came first.

Then came the Fries! Nothing fancy, just a couple of spuds cut into strips.

Then into a some hot oil in a cast iron pan that I heated up on the OTG. (It was a little cold out or else I would have made the gravy on there as well.)

Once they were golden brown, onto the plate they went.

Followed by some shredded cheese. (For some reason all my cheese curds vanished.)

Then on went the gravy.

I wasn't sure at first but, man it was looking good. (Throwdown pic entry )

And then when I pulled a fry out and saw the melting cheese and gravy working together. ooooooohhh yeahhhhh. That's what I'm talking about!

I can see why Canadians love this dish so much! The gravy rocked! The cheese was an excellent compliment and fresh fries are always a winner!
Thanks for looking!

12" Charbroil, SJS, WGA, 22.5 OTG, mUDS, 2 UDS w/AML Wood Art Custom Handles, 2 pull behind rigs The Beast , & the new White Shadow

Inventor of: 3BGB! , Shigen! , & Bacone Scotch Egg Sundae!
Big Butz BBQ Products
BigButzBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->