View Single Post
Unread 11-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #7235
Louisiana Smoker
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerKing View Post
pic .pdf? or are you asking for dims., etc.?

Revision #2 worked well, got the center and outside within 20-25 degrees of each other under 300 degrees. BUFORD got up to temp, used the same amount of fuel, no unusual side effects by using the diffuser.

On Revision #3 I eliminated another ventilation ring that was closest to the center.

Not sure if a diffuser like this will stabilize your temps on your drum. My drums all work and respond well too valve and exhaust adjustments and temps stabilize for long cooks. You may have other problems with your drum if your temps are all over the place?

My goal with this diffuser is to reduce the temp difference from the center of the drum to the outside of the drum.

I've actually built 4) BUFORD's, this is #4. I never posted pictures of #2, "Scrapyard Dog".

The fabrication of BUFORD #4 is being completed today, painting this week. It's a very simple design, much less eccentric than #1 & #2.
I have the same reason as you for wanting a diffuser. I can control the temperature inside the UDS but within the interior the temps fluctuate. Looking for a way to lower the hot spots and raise the cold spots.

If you had a PDF I could print it out and take it to the metal shop. If not I can work with the picture you provided.

Please post photos of Scrapyard Dog. That sounds interesting and fun, as yours are always unique and awesome
Louisiana Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote