View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #7
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Myself and a couple of friends went to the cook off this weekend and I have to say, we were not impressed. I know that this was the first event there, so there are some kinks that have to be worked out. But, I got there at 1100 and there was nobdy there selling anything, most siad the food wouldn't be ready until after 1200 and some things not until 200pm. We found one tent that had some cold pulled pork with greens and beans that I gave my pig bucks to and left after we ate it. It wasn't the best, wasn't the worst either. This was only my second BBQ contest I'd ever been to, Pig Fest was my first. I wonder if the contest didn't allow for an early setup the day prior or if the contestants had trouble getting up to temp due to the cold weather that came through that night? Anyway, I hope they do better next year, if they do it again.

JTMcD.

We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe, The Famous StudeDera, Weber Smokey Joe Gold and Platinum, Brinkman Professional Grill, Brinkman ECB and 2 Weber Smoky Mountians
JohnMcD348 is offline   Reply With Quote