View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 08:38 PM  
bluetang
somebody shut me the fark up.

This Thown Down took me back to my childhood, and there were too many choices to consider. Dad was a third generation Floridian, long before theme parks and such took over this beautiful state. Mom was born in Tullahoma, Tennessee. People, She could cook! The one supper that always stood out for me was chicken and rolled dumplings. Mom called them chicken n' dumplings. Dad called them chicken n' slickers, my NC Girl calls them chicken n' pastry or chicken pastry(depending on how big a hurry she's in). Call it what you will, I just call it good food, and I miss it. I've cooked this from time to time, with Mom's recipe, but never quite the same. I'm sure you know what I mean. Anyway, this is chicken n' dumplings, with a slight twist(sorry Mama).
This is the stock simmering on the Bayou Classic Gasser with carrots, onions, celery, bay leaves, and a bunch of chickenbacks from spatchcocked ghosts from the past, seasoned to taste. Simmered for eight hours, nothing much remaining! Left to cool overnight to be able to remove the fat from the surface in the AM.
cksimmer.jpg
This is this twist, rotisserie cooked chicken. Under cooked a bit to be finished with the dumplings.
ckrotiss.jpg
The pulled chicken, ready to go.
ckck.jpg
The wonderful dumpling dough.
ckdough.jpg
This is the rolled and cut dumplings. I'm getting excited here!
ckrolled.jpg
Ya gotta dry 'em for a spell ( I know they're purple pillow cases, but she doesn't tell me what color my smokers have to be, so...).
ckdrying.jpg
Back in the Bayou Classic, dropping 'em in.
ckdrop.jpg
Time to eat! Chicken n' dumplings, collards, and vine ripe tomatoes. My entry. Thank you for looking.
ckbowl.jpg
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 3 Stack Pro Q Excel 20, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM, 150lb Capacity Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->