View Single Post
Unread 10-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #50
Vince B
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkncajun View Post
You are the man! Making a Gumbo for the Halloween party, but was looking for something else; after this post I am sold out and will try it on Saturday. Just got half a cow butchered and got a few chuck roast so GAME ON! Pron will follow, just have a napkin handy to catch the drool, just saturated my shirt looking at these pics, haha.
I always like to make things that are easy for parties and this dish is just that. I think this will be a great dish for your party! Please let us know how it turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ PD View Post
Just BEAUTIFUL. The only thing missing from that recipe is an extra Guiness for the cook
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
Thats why you get one of the 24oz bottles...some for the meat and some for me
I actually had 1 for the meat and 5 for the cook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
Just got back from Mejier. Got the biggest chuck roast they had, 2.86lbs. Should be enough for 4 plus kids. But a little dissapointed, because I was hoping for LOTS of left overs. :D This will go on the smoker around 9:30 am tomorrow. I'll have to look around at other store's chuck roasts for future smokes.
I got mine from wally world however I normally do not see them at any stores where they are much bigger than 4lbs. I have read where others buy a "whole chuck roll". These cuts are very large and I believe the smaller roasts we buy come from this cut. If I remember correctly the whole roll could be up to 30 lbs depending on its size. That would probably make plenty of leftovers for the freezer! I think most guys will make them in the 15-20 lb if doing this for a large party or when freezing it for future meals. Please let us know how it turns out and pictures are always welcome around here!