View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #17
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' D View Post
We have been looking at all kinds of cookers for some catering and the occasional comp. I really like off set cookers and don't want a water smoker.
My question is: Are the gravity feed cabinet smokers, ie Stumps, Superior, SteelCraft etc., considered to be offsets? In the pics it appears as though the fire box is off to the side but pictures don't always tell the tale. Any help is appreciated.

Stumps Platinum models are reverse flow offsets. I have never cooked on an original Stumps but I have cloned both the Classic model and the Platinum model. I feel if you can afford the original they are great cookers. I am sure that there are many learnng curves that us cloners are fighting. Like any other cooker you have to learn it and use its strengths. I dont know if I can tell the difference from the Upright clone or the Reverse flow in food taste as I have not compared the two in side by side taste tests. We have done better in comps with the reverse flow BUT we had the upright when we first started and have learned more.
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote