Originally Posted by Moose
I second the concern about the vent size in the front, however, I'm guessing you did that so you could have good access to your fuel source. Try it as is, and see how it goes. If you find the top of the pizzas not cooking as well as the bottom, maybe you can take the vent piece you cut out(if you still have it) and cut it in 1/2 lengthwise, and try mounting it back on with two hinges...that way the vent will be smaller, but you'll still have the full larger access you need...just a thought.
My first thought was to use a D shaped pizza stone so I wanted to make sure the opening was big enough to get the stone in. But then I decided to go with the fire brick. To get to the fuel source I will have to remove the top "cooking" kettle from the bottom kettle.
If it does become a problem I was thinking along the same lines. Use the piece I cut out to make a door.