View Single Post
Unread 10-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #13
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly-QueMaster View Post
So whats the advice on how to price your turkeys? What did you charge per pound?

Ashmont I thought about the pulled pork as well. So you charge $30-35 per butt? And you vac seal them and freeze them for your customers??
Just remember I dont sell to everyone in Joe Publix. It has taken me a long time to build up my rep. Yes I know alot of people and they know me. All of my customers know my cooking by going to a church function where I cooked ect. They know my product! I sell turkeys for $45.00 smoked or deep fried. My suggestion is frozen pulled pork or STL Ribs for New years or superbowl. I also follow up with a quality check either phone call or in person on how they enjoyed the product. Do the KISS method and you will be fine. Like FORD its is a risk and you need to know your customers. Ask when they are going to serve and adjust accordingly.

Proud member of Brethren Weber's for life

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle (Yet to be named by Daughter) Evil Twin Suggested!
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"
http://ashsmoderndayclubhouse.blogspot.com/
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote