View Single Post
Unread 10-11-2010, 10:34 PM  
Wrench_H
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Pizza Fatty and a Fall Apple Fatty

Okay, I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring for another one of these. I did two, my first one was basically a pizza fatty. I added ricotta, mozzarella, sauteed mushrooms, and a pepperoni stick to some hot italian sausage and wrapped the whole thing in a bacon weave. I stuffed way too much stuff in this one, and it exploded in the smoker. Still tasted great, but I learned a bit of a lesson in excess.

081.jpg

Added some maranara sauce and made a pretty good sandwich.

084.jpg

For the second one, I wanted to make something that went with the fall season. I sliced some apples thin and added some gouda cheese to some regular italian sausage. At the end, I glazed the whole thing in apple butter. This one was one of my favorite things I've ever smoked. The sweetness of the apple butter went perfectly with the sausage and brie.

076.jpg

Added a little more apple butter and made another sandwhich.

077.jpg

My wife and I split both of these and both agreed that while the pizza one was good, the gouda/apple one had a far more distinct taste. I had only made one fatty prior to this, but I think I am now hooked. The possibilities are endless. Thanks for taking a look. I guess use the third pic as my entry.

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time Zero Member

Try the Throwdowns - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->