View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Nope. As long as it is tubular in shape, and smoked, it is a fatty. This is per the creator of the Fatty, BigDog. Well, he is the person who named them the Fatty anyway. Prior to that I guess people just called them whatever they wanted.

So, seeing as the name "Fatty" originated on this very website, by one of our very own Brethren, then his word is final as to what constitutes a fatty.

I'll ask if he can come on here to provide the "exact" current definition. Yes, the definition has been known to change. You got a problem with that? Too bad!
I'll defer to the 'Dog, but to me it has to be pork since that's what Brother Smokey Pig used for the first fatty (which 'Dog subsequently named). There has to be some way to distinguish between a fatty and a meat loaf (which can also be tubular in shape and smoked). But, as always, let the voter decide!

The Naked Fatty!

Chicago Area Summer Gathering Planning is under way!

Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->