View Single Post
Unread 10-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
MilitantSquatter

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob80001 View Post

A couple of thoughts and observations about the build/first cook: My toppings were not done enough when the crust was done. I actually burned the first pizza that I made while trying to get the top cooked. As you can see from the first two food pics, the cheese isn't quite done. I like mine with a little brown. The 3rd pic shows it after I put it under the broiler in the oven. Not the way I really wanted to finish off the pies, but it worked, and they tasted great. I don't know if the temp was too high (I wasn't sure that would really be possible) or if I need to foil the lid. It seems that there is not enough heat swirling above. Maybe the stone is too large and not enough heat is getting around it. I'm not quite sure where I am going to go from here to remedy the issue. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
Always remember about proper balance of the ingredients... You should consider cutting down the total amount and/or the thickness of the toppings.

Thanks from:--->