Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_81
When Son Of BOS shows up with its 1/2" firebox, and you place it next to your BYC, do you worry about a localized subsidence problem?

kiddin aside.. i HAVE to get that slab poured. Aint no way im dealing with rollin this one around on plywood to get inot the pit. Its nearly 7 foot high and 3 foot wide. Makes it top heavy. I have already had one fall over and it aint purdy. Part of the new design will be foldout outriggers to prevent it from tipping over when I move it. Easy to do, just a piece of angle mounted to the the bottom frame that folds against the lower shelf with a piece of 1/2 inch steel welded downward about an inch short of the ground. When your rolling it, move them 90 degrees out. if it starts to tip, the outrigger will stop it.

Wheelie bar mod. :)
The moving co. would agree with its ease of tipping over. I say build the next one wider. More stable and less tippy. You may also want to bury some threaded rod in the concrete and bolt that farker down.
Pitman for All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote