View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #24
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

linhardt - Take your cooler. It's fine.

I also take my judging very seriously because I am also a cook. I almost never see other judges 'nibbling' instead of taking a serious bite. However, I do see some judges who are in a hurry. I try to model for the other judges at my table by totally experiencing each sample. I stop to look at it before I smell it, then after I bite it I chew it for a while to experience the wide range of flavors that the cook worked so hard to impart. Then, I take some time to ponder scores in my mind . . . before I finally record the score. Sometimes I'll take another bite to confirm something I thought I tasted or to remember the tenderness before I record the score.

We only get one chance to both sample and cook - and I am there to give the cooks the best, most accurate score that I possibly can.

I take poor samples home because I also was raised not to be wasteful - and my dogs can't seem to tell the difference between a 9 and a 2 . . . they love it all!
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is online now   Reply With Quote