View Single Post
Unread 09-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #29
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I cooked some spare ribs, a brisket flat, and a chucky today continuing my experimentation.

I decided to try something different with the rib trimmings. I sliced the trimmings perpendicular to the cartilage in thin strips.

I applied rub and put them in the smoker with the rest of the ribs at 275 F.

Because the trimed slices were thin, I foiled them after about 1.5 hours with just a little bit of water in the foil with them. I let them cook in the foil for about another 2 hours.

For the last half hour of cooking, I opened up the foil and spritzed the slices with AJ about every 10 minutes. Yeah, I know, "If you are lookin' you ain't cookin'." But, this thread is about whatever works regardless of how it rhymes or not. In this case, it cooked just fine. I was lookin' and cookin'.

This was part of our lunch. I put a little sauce on the "riblets" and they didn't last long. They were tender, moist, and full of flavor.

This is a great option for cooking St Louis style spare rib trimmings that I will be using from now on.
[COLOR=royalblue]18.5" & 22.5" Weber Kettles - Smokey Joe and Mini-WSM - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Bubba Keg - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]#2 La Caja China[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Chargriller Outlaw[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Impeccably Accurate BLACK & RED Thermapens[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]KCBS CBJ[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]I am Obsessive Compulsive about BBQ. Google it.[/COLOR]

Last edited by Boshizzle; 09-25-2010 at 03:24 PM..
Boshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote