View Single Post
Unread 01-09-2005, 09:54 PM   #10
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
From what I understand about judging is that you need to do what the judges will like, not necessarily what is good, or what you like.
Not to sound like a smart ass but you speak the obvious. :D

Unfortunately most judges (not all) don't cook que and just come to stuff their faces and fill up their carry home "left over" bags!

Unfortunately, one of the primary judge trainers fills their ears about how what they are getting isn't just ordinary que and they "must" start scoring above the "average" -- hence inflated scoring right out of the chute. With this mindset if you happen to get a judge or table that really tries to judge the meat and sprinkles some 8's and 7.5's -- legit -- then you just got screwed and probably by the best judge at the table.

Also, they seem to miss the part about - if it's a 6 it's basically uncooked or unsafe next thing to a DQ -- so some yokel will hammer you with a 6.5. To me 6.5 means I spit it out -- not unsafe or uncooked but just nasty. And, yes, I've scored some 6.5 stuff -- just about had to wash my mouth out instead of "cleansing my palet"!

We are trying to find the key to the majority of the judges around here. We're debating about baling from FBA and going KCBS - however, there are very few events in Florida. We'll see.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote