View Single Post
Unread 09-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
btcg
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Smoke View Post
What they ^^^^^^^^^^^ said..... Great info.

Patience is some times hard to maintain when you have hungry folks waitng for your "Q" to be served. "It is done when it is done" so allow some extra time for foul ups, bleeps and blunders, because they will happen.....

I have been cooking for years but the results have been real consistent... Generally edible, mostly GOOD some times not so good..... and occaisionally REALLY BAD...
Become "best friends" with your cooker(s)....

Since I have gotten a bit older my memory isn't...
Errrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! now what were talking about ????
Oh Yeah... BBQ

Since I don't BBQ daily, I have started recording info before, during, and after my cooks, in a log. I use a spiral bound notebook. This helps me remember and make adjustments on future cooks.

Just my .02

Thanks to all who have posted here for allowing me to pick your brains without you knowing.

Never give up and have fun!!
OS,

You're not alone as to some cooks goin bad. Yesterday's butt fell victim to my accidental bump when I was adding salt to my injection. The butt was amazing, but too salty. You see, ANY salt is too much for the missus. I usually try to go "under the radar": add just enough so she can't taste it. Screwed up yesterday.

My son and I LOVED it: to the wife, I was a liar.

[FONT=Courier New][I]Proud Graduate of:[/I][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Courier New][B]Jack's Old South BBQ Cooking School[/B][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Courier New][B]Johnny Trigg & Rod Gray BBQ Cooking School[/B][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Courier New][B]Paul Kirk BBQ Cooking School[/B][/FONT][/I]
btcg is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->