Originally Posted by BbqJohn
Oh and I have to go find some scrap metal to build the frame for the stand and the grates...back to search mode....any ideas fro the best places to look or ask?
Look up metal recyclers in your area. I have found several around here. They usually don't have exactly what you are looking for, but usually you can find something and make it work. I have also had luck on CL searching in the materials section for whatever I was looking for.
I have now found a steel supplier close to where I work that sells new stuff for under a buck a pound right now, and drops for a little cheaper. For this price, they will cut it to size for me and if I'm in a hurry I will go this route as it eliminates the searching.
- UDS ( my new favorite cooking device)
- Homebuilt cold smoker, Cookshack SM008.
- 250 gal oil drum cut and waiting for me to build it
- (3) more 250 gal oil drums waiting for me to go get them.
- Custom offset in progress.
Link To The Build: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=71893