BBQ Brethren "Satay" Throwdown

I am simply blown away be these entries so far!! What a great choice for a TD Bill.:thumb: You have obviously pushed the imagination and talent of our Brethren and Sistern to a higher level. In viewing these entries so far, I have come to the realization that I am not worthy to enter this TD, but will watch and learn from those of you that are. I love this place! Thanks.

X2
WOW!!!!
What delicious looking entries.

I must admit...I haven't been much in the ThrowDown section since it was moved.
Excellent job guys...I can show this with very much Pride over here!

Thanks for the pic of Brudda L. BLK!:cool:
Looks like he's growing some muscles!

DSC03297.jpg

I knew we'd have a rush of great entries these last couple of days. I bet we get one or two still...

Stunning presentation bluetang. I love the spread. I need a banana tree in my back yard.

Chicken Lollipop Satay

I'll do a complete blog entry and post the link later on, but I needed to get my entry online. So here it is... (1st Picture is entry photo)

I figured why use a stick when Chicken Legs come with built in sticks...

Chicken Lollipop Satay with Glass Noodle Salad & Coconut Rice...

Satay4.jpg

Satay5.jpg

I figured why use a stick when Chicken Legs come with built in sticks...

Looks great, but "skewered with a bone"? Sounds like a bit of a reach here.

Although I'd like to reach into my screen and pull that out and eat it... :becky:

Looks great, but "skewered with a bone"? Sounds like a bit of a reach here.

Well, skewering the meat on a stick would have been a lot less time consuming than turning those chicken legs into chicken lollipops...

I've done that before with wings, and you sure aren't kidding. It's much easier to stab chunks of meat with a stick.

That looks amazing Larry! I've never done chicken Lollies - I've got to try that. I also am a huge fan of glass noodle salads - I can't wait to see your recipes on your blog to see what flavor profiles you put together. Is that tumeric, the secret key satay ingredient, I see on the lollies? And what sauces are in the mobius dish?

Darn Moose, nice down to the wire entry! I almost posted the vote thread at 9:50 before I went to bed but thought better of it. I'm glad I held off.

Back