View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
Seems like people are completely ignoring your question and blabbing about a completely different techinique caliking.

I would for ignore everyone so far except Boshizzle - who has taken my procedure beyond the zone baby. The other guys are cool but you asked about my "no Foil" technique and following their "foil advice" which probably does make some good ribs (sweet ribs) would end in disaster.

I did something similar to what they ask and did it without foil and swear I got a damn candied rib.... I still have not decided if I liked it or not.

Now I must take Boshizzle on. Do spares and for God's sake, do NOT spritz.

Here is why. The weep em and read method uses a few techs to ensure moistness. One is the type of rub, the other is the speed, leaving the sinsee on is a must I think and NOT opening the pit till you hear the weep... thsi ensures that your hot and fast cook keeps the moisture in.... opening th epit and spritzing will lower the temp of the meat and that is bad.... you want to get from cold to rendering as quick as possible. Then the shut down draws the flavor and moisture back in.

HOWEVER... I will not entirely knock Boshizzle and here is why... I am cooking on either a 1200 lbs pit or 6000 lbsd pit. He is using a UDS I think... which I have not done... soooooooo... the only thing I KNOW is not to foil them and not to use any high sugar content.
I was hoping you might chime in! Thanks! I watched your vid, and loved it.

Well, I spritzed em once already, but I will forget that now. I foiled the rim of the UDS and am getting better temp control - about 250ish, but I think I need to ramp it up a bit if I want the hot and fast effect. Not sure how these will turn out, since I seem to unintentionally be doing some sort of hybrid cook. Not planning on foiling the ribs.

Hope things turn out right though
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote