View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2004, 10:15 AM   #15
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Actually, instead of a clod (which is a confusing piece of meat to seperate into it's parts) try an inside round - this is used, often, as the roast been sliced on cafeteria lines. They are lean so you would not want to overcook them -- however, taking them to say 145 or so (check with the deli to see how rare he wants it) - most of the inside rounds I used to cook were around 17-20 pounds and unlike brisket they are not thin, flat pieces of meat.

The clod would work, too, but I'd break it down into the seperate pieces - otherwise you are looking a a truly large piece of meat. Now, my experience was with IBP primal cuts ordered in by the case -- this is how you'll want to get your orders -- check with SYSCO, GFS, USFoods, or other wholesalers for case lots -- Sam's or Costco would work, too.

Good luck. Just think of all the trials you'll need to run!! :D Hope your family and friends like bbq beef, a lot.

Oh yeah, the Bandera probably won't be big enough for these cuts.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote