View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
rweller
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Morgan12, this sounds great. I'm a judge from the area. I used to live in Virden for over 20 years, now Beardstown. You won't have any problems getting 18-20 teams depending on what weekend you do in July. There are at least 12-14 teams probably more within a 100 miles that compete regular on the KCBS circuit.
You can put me down to judge I should be available in July after the 4th. You also shouldn't have any problems getting all KCBS certified judges. There are a lot in central Illinois and the St. Louis area.
One bit of advice, going to the Jack is a lot of fun but if you want a real feel of a local KCBS contest there is one in Quincy Sep 10-11 or one a little closer for you is Arthur Oct 8-9 that a lot of fun and ran really well with some real good teams there.
If you have any questions I would be more than willing to help you guys. I need one more contest (quincy in Sept) and I will have my 30 contest judged and I have already cooked with a team so I'm going for my Master Judges certification. So I have a little experience for the judges side.

Good Luck