View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #10
bignburlyman
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
I see all of these rate my box threads and see the comments, parsley not uniform, not stacked nicely, wrong angle with the meat, ETC. I thought the judging was supposed to be on appearance of the meat only. How can it be judged on the other stuff, are KCBS turn ins supposed to be interior decorators too or what? I don't get it! In MBN we are judged on apearance of the meat only. I do plan on some other KCBS and IBCA contest but will I be judged by how the greens look or the MEAT? I did not go to decorating school, I want a santioning body that judges on appearance of COOKED MEAT!
I have not judged MBN or MIM but are you referring only to the blind judged boxes? I have seen on TV that teams seem to put a lot of effort into decorating (garnish) the onsite presentations. That would seem to put some emphasis on scoring garnish to me. Again, I am only a KCBS judge so I don't know about any other sanctioning body rules, just wondering. I myself make every effort to disregard the garnish, and concentrate on the meat.
CBJ & CTC #5112
Kansas Winter Q BBQ Committee

Traeger Texas 075
ECB (retired)
bignburlyman is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->