View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 12:36 AM   #8
C Rocke
is One Chatty Farker
C Rocke's Avatar
Join Date: 01-29-07
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Originally Posted by loracle View Post
Hi all; I'm having the same kind of concerns that @darthtrader is having (people willing to pay for my smoked goodies) and I'm wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction for this liability insurance thingy. I'm in California (Los Angeles area). Thanks.

Need a Business License first, then a Tax ID number to collect and pay sales tax to CA BOE. Next, must either have the capability to "cook on site" for each job, or have access to a licensed (Health Dept permitted) commercial kitchen or commissary for food storage and/or preparation. No food for sale or free distribution may be prepared in a home or residential kitchen per CA DEH regulations. If you vend at a location, you must have a Health Dept permit for that event/location, and in many cases need a Serv Safe certification or Food Handler's Card. Heath Dept is the first stop based on your business model.
Just me, the Wife, and the Dogs
C Rocke is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->