View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Take a breath!
Tinybud's Avatar
Join Date: 10-24-06
Location: Beech Creek, PA

First off you'll need some type of certified kitchen to get your license from the state with all the proper items, Secondly you'll need insurance, thirdly you'll need to be serve safe certified. The fee from the state, insurance, serve safe class, etc you could be looking at 800-1200 dollars per year to be legal. Depending on your certified kitchen wether you rent or own it. the 800-1200 would be just the insurance and license. The first thing I did when starting was went to our local department of agriculture and sat down with the food safety supervisor and talked with him about my plan what worked and didn't work, and he put me in the right direction. I don't try to stay off their radar, if I have a question about something I call them up, I take no chances. I actually have a meetin with them tomorrow on a few issues. Feel free to send me a private message and I'll pass on my email. be glad to offer ya what help I can. Good Luck.
The Redneck PitKrew (comp. team)
Tiny's Bar-b-que Catering
Char-griller superpro w/side firebox
6ft. Southern Yankee
Meadow Creek Caterer's Delight 108
Caldera Tallboy
Tinybud is offline   Reply With Quote