• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Cheese" Throwdown

Blue cheese burgers, maters & chiles

This one started with some of our home grown maters and chile peppers. Maters were cut in half and then dusted with S&P, chiles were sliced in half and seeds removed. The topping/filling consisted of blue cheese, cornbread crumbs and enough evoo to make a crumbly paste.

dscf3486-e1281581880603.jpg

The burgers were thrown together with a hefty dose of Bone Suckin' Sauce, chopped onion, garlic powder, S&P and crumbled blue cheese.
The three on the back are for the kids with no onion or blue cheese.

dscf3491-e1281582027561.jpg

A pic of the finished maters and chiles.

dscf3501-e1281582223520.jpg

And my plate......

dscf3504-e1281582477152.jpg

Please use the first picture for my entry.

Great looking entries so far. I made the best ABT's i've ever made yesterday but ate them and didn't take pictures. In this part of the forum no pics didn't happen rings true. That lasagna picture is absolutely amazing.

Cool, my girl just came back from Bonaire, NA with a wheel of Gouda.

Denny's inspired, Home Boy approved...

A REAL grilled cheese sandwich:

Here's the ingredients: Loaf of sourdough bread, panko bread crumbs, butter, buttermilk, corn meal flour, peanut oil, granulatated garlic, salt, black pepper, string cheese, and apple-smoked provolone.
Photo0010.jpg

First, I made the fried mozzarella sticks with the string cheese. I dredged them in the corn meal flour, dipped in buttermilk and repeat. Then, rolled them in the panko and dropped them in hot oil in the CI pan for a couple of minutes until the bread crumbs were browned.
Photo0011.jpg

Then, I sliced the smoked provolone, layered provolone, cheese sticks, and another layer of provolone between two slices of sourdough.
Photo0014.jpg

Buttered both sides of the sandwich, tossed it on the gasser on med high heat long enough to toast the bread and melt the cheese. Served it with some onion rings I made since I had the dredge, buttermilk and oil already hot (Here's my entry pic)
Photo0016.jpg

Cheese Fritters

I wanted to try this(what they called cheese fritters) recipe I saw on TV a while ago.

CheeseFrittersBBQBretherncheesethrowdown002.jpg

Used pepper jack, cheddar, cream cheeses, with minced red and green peppers. This recipe was inspired by "Southern pimento cheese sandwiches.
CheeseFrittersBBQBretherncheesethrowdown003.jpg

All ingredients together plus some mayo. and Simply Marvelous Seasoning

CheeseFrittersBBQBretherncheesethrowdown007.jpg

Some buttermilk and panko's

CheeseFrittersBBQBretherncheesethrowdown006.jpg

Some fruit with Jalapeno jelly and in the container is some apricot, jalapeno chutney.
CheeseFrittersBBQBretherncheesethrowdown011.jpg

A couple shots( BTW, oil @ 350 and if you cook too long, you can end up with a hollow ball)
CheeseFrittersBBQBretherncheesethrowdown012.jpg

Very tasty, please use the second to the lastjpicture for my entry.
Thanks for looking.:-D

Cheesy Potato Bake

G'Day Bruces. This is a real simple thing to do... I'm sure you all got your own recipe for this anyway..

All you need is here:
DSC_0317_773.jpg

Put some potato slices down, then the other ingredients... no toooo much cheese...
DSC_0323_774.jpg

Then a layer of potatoes...
DSC_0324_775.jpg

And repeat till done, then cover with lots of cheese.
DSC_0327_777.jpg

Then add the Cream.. I use thickened cream for this. It sits on top and oozes down through all the layers as it cooks...
DSC_0328_778.jpg

Then into the offset with a meat side dish.... heh heh... this pic taken after about one hour in.
DSC_0345_782.jpg

And done..
DSC_0347_783.jpg

And a quick reverse sear for the topside roast and the rib...
DSC_0349_784.jpg

And on the plate
DSC_0357_790.jpg

I know the Corn looks a little bit burnt, but I really like it like that. I snaffled this cob for myself... yum...
DSC_0356_789.jpg

And Rob, please use the last pic for the TD.
DSC_0355_788.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Cheers!

Bill

Now, being from Wisconsin. I had to get in on this one!
I decided to create, Cheese Stuffed Fatty Bread.

Here is the complete cook:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1370023#post1370023

Here were the cheese all stars I used. Straight from Wisconsin!
0812101930.jpg

Here was the part that made it to the grill.
0812102029.jpg

That was then wrapped up in a cheese net and some pizza dough and then baked up to end up with this.
259.jpg

All that was left was the money shot! This monster just oozed cheese from everywhere!
(Throwdown pic)
261-1.jpg

Thanks! Hope you enjoy looking cause I know we enjoyed eating! :becky:

9.jpgPizza on the WSM

1.jpgThe goods

2.jpgFat Free refried beans, healthier, we add bacon grease for goodness

3.jpgQuesadilla cheese

4.jpgMushrooms and a bit of pulled pork

5.jpgGouda, cheddar, and tomatoes
8.jpgThis be the one for entry, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Smoked Mac-N-Cheese with Bourbon and Bacon

First thing I have to say is that I love Macaroni and Cheese. Seems like a good day for a batch. So I start with 3 cups of cream.
picture.php

and I gather the other ingredients: Bourbon, nutmeg, asiago cheese, macaroni, tobasco.

picture.php

Saturday I smoked up a 10 lb batch of bacon. So I cut some thick slices.

picture.php

And I grill it til its crispy on the outside.

picture.php

Time to assemble: top the macaroni and creamy bourbon asiago cheese mixture with colby-jack cheese. Then some jalapeno rings, and bacon chunks.

picture.php

Is that a SuperFast WaterProof GREEN Thermapen?

Finally add some cubes of 7 year aged cheddar and put on the smoker for an hour and a half.

picture.php

Here it is hot off the grill: Smoked Mac-N-Cheese with Bourbon and Bacon
(This photo is my entry for the Cheese Throwdown)
picture.php

Back