View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 02:12 AM   #135
Phrasty
Babbling Farker

Default Ugly baby grow up pretty fi true!!!

What a long day!!! So it turns out the burn out did NOT ease up most of the paint... only the outer 3 layers . We spent all day grinding on this thing... finally got it down to metal and to a point I was happy with. The way I saw it was whatever didnt not come off with the burn last night WASN'T COMING OFF!!! So anyways... ladies and farkers... here we have it... The finale. All painted up!!! All I need to do now is get some 3" dial thermometers and put on another coat of paint in a couple days. I made a fire in the firebox to give the paint a little bake about 2 hours after application. Once the fire settled off at 300 I figured there no use making all this coal and almond go to waste so I threw on a chicken (seasoned with my rib rub... came out a little sweet, but it was easy and was cooked perfectly.) I'm a happy camper guys! She's come a long way!

This was all in all a really fun build, and in the end I have something thats priceless to me... something thats totally mine. It's a pretty cool feeling!

And on to the pics:

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen-capture-412.jpg (114.6 KB, 1090 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-417.jpg (100.0 KB, 1079 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-414.jpg (87.2 KB, 1080 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-413.jpg (112.6 KB, 1079 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-415.jpg (88.0 KB, 1081 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-416.jpg (87.7 KB, 1077 views)
1 - 25 gal. self-made vertical smoker
1 - 120 gal. self-made trailer stick-burner

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=88599
Phrasty is offline   Reply With Quote