View Single Post
Unread 08-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #124
Phrasty
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Did not get to burn out today... but thats ok I finished up the rest of the details so she's now ready to burn! I can't wait, I'm so lighting her up tomorrow. Gonna be tricky to burn/grind/paint within a short time frame... The rain storms are still wreaking havoc on the build progress. Anyways, as I said I got on the rest of the details today. Got the handles in place and made them out of spanish elm (a very hard dense wood). I fabbed & installed the door stops as well as finished (for the most part) the rest of the grinding and smoothing up!

It's been 3 weeks to the day since I started this project, and I'm feeling pretty proud of the fact that its almost done. Of course I had some help.. well really just one person but he's helped me almost every time I've put the grinding wheel to metal. So I definitely owe him for that . But I really am looking forward to getting some food on this beast. Hoping this rig will help me expand my food business. Cooking is really my passion and I was once told that when your vacation is your vocation you'll always be a happy man. Ok enuf of the senseless ramblings Here are the pics of todays work... Thanks for looking everyone!

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen-capture-386.jpg (79.2 KB, 1097 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-388.jpg (73.9 KB, 1096 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-387.jpg (65.6 KB, 1095 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-389.jpg (51.6 KB, 1096 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-390.jpg (74.2 KB, 1100 views)
1 - 25 gal. self-made vertical smoker
1 - 120 gal. self-made trailer stick-burner

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=88599

Last edited by Phrasty; 08-05-2010 at 01:27 AM..
Phrasty is offline   Reply With Quote