View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #104
Phrasty
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frog View Post
Just thinking here.... but are you going to secure the tuning plates somehow, or just let them slide? If you find a trailer (and maybe a forklift) that you want to mount it to or carry it on, it might help to prevent the plates from moving after you have figured out the tuning.

I am sure you have it worked out though, it is really coming along.
Thanks Frog... No I am not planning on securing the tuning plates. I think the point of the tuning plates is so they can be moved and you can direct the heat where you want it, or you can even out the entire smoker. Example: If im doing chicken and ribs I can make the food grates by the FB a bit hotter to do the chicken and still have the ribs side not as hot as to not cook them as fast. Well that's my thoughts in theory. But no... not welding them in... gonna put them on a slide rail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
No advice from me brudder!

Fark, you know what you're doin'!
Thanks Bill. Just trying to get her done! Thanks for the support tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum View Post
did I miss an angled deflector plate from firebox into the cook chamber? Or do you think one is not needed with the tuning plates?? This is really an impressive build! Nice job!
Thanks gtsum, I think the baffle helps a little but it's not the most important thing. As long as your tuning plates and be butted up to your FB with as little gap as possible you should be good. You do however want to have something right up against your FB to take that "edge" off the not-so-direct-but-still-direct heat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean "Puffy" Coals View Post
Awesome, AWESOME rig! You definitely got the skills to pay the bills.
Thanks Sean...

Aight guys gonna try get some chit done today... I'll have another update a little later if the rains hold up.

Cheers.
1 - 25 gal. self-made vertical smoker
1 - 120 gal. self-made trailer stick-burner

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=88599
Phrasty is offline   Reply With Quote