View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #91
Phrasty
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesonfire! View Post
Phrasty I haven't been on in a few days....WOW dude! Your makin some time on your master piece! Looks great!

I'm a big fan of the dual stacks!
Also Phrasty, I couldn't wait to get a fire in mine once it had taken the basic shape of a smoker...much like the current state of your build. I filled the smoke chamber with wood and set a BIG fire. Burnt most of the paint off, then had it sand blasted.

If you blast yours, be ready to put at least a coat of paint on it same day. If you don't, you'll have to deal with surface rust the next day...

For those contemplating a build..... Go for it!
I'd never touched a welder or cutting torch prior to building this...

That cooks this....

Which gets me a lot more visits from my brothers...that's them in the pic drinking my Rolling Rock and waiting on my BBQ!
Thanks Steve. I was thinking about doing the doors like you have them there.. Thought that you can't open both individually (either you open the right or both. That build looks great man. Same 120Gal. tank... Is it hard to move around on that stand? Looks like it's putting out some great food too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42BBQ View Post
Phrasty, dang brother, that looks sweet, can't wait to see her sandblasted and painted. I am currently in a townhouse and only using a UDS. Hopefully moving in next 6 months to a year and I want to build one like yours or Steve's. Keep the build pron coming, I'm going to be needing this thread when the time comes.

Steve, what size tank was that on your build?
Thanks bredrin! A bit anxious for the sandblasting as well! looking forward to it! I believe Steve's tank is the same as mine. A 120 gallon.

Cheers
1 - 25 gal. self-made vertical smoker
1 - 120 gal. self-made trailer stick-burner

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=88599
Phrasty is offline   Reply With Quote