View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Applejacks View Post
I/We understand your excitement and enthusiasm for good BBQ, but you must be a glutton for punishment. That is what you will get something that is fun will turn into real work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke & Beers View Post
I get the same bug every once in a while...but that little voice of reason tells me that if I do make the plunge...then it would be work...and I wouldn't be able to stand around shooting the chit with my buddies drinking adult beverages while 'Queing...
Hey, I've had these EXACT thoughts for a while too. I TOTALLY get that it would possibly take the "FUN" out of BBQ for me and turn it into the feeling of "Just another damn bunch of smoked meat", which makes me also hesitate.

I have a great job right now that allows me a lot of freedom and a flexible schedule. HOWEVER, I've tried to figure a way for YEARS to be a small business owner and stop making money for someone ELSE. I have tried the "business owner thing" before with a home remodeling/construction business and have also tried my hand at custom home construction. My thought is/was that both of there other endeavors involved me doing the work that I'd done for decades, only do it for myself. Truth is, there hasn't been much "fun" in construction for me in quite some time. AT LEAST I get some (a lot actually) enjoyment out of cooking.

Anyway, at this point, I'm only STARTING the investigation process. If I did do anything like this, ideally, I'd like to do it on some kind of "part time" basis, maybe weekend gigs or whatever, just to see if it sits well with me or not.

I'll keep reading and researching on this before I make any seriouse moves.

As always, thanks so much for the great insight fellas.

"Oh, I donít reject Christ. I love Christ. Itís just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ."
-Mahatma Gandhi
Wampus is offline   Reply With Quote