Thread: Fec100
View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Firehouse BBQ View Post
Hey guys I'm new around here. Name is Chris from Central Kansas. Right now i currently have a smoker that is a 250 gal rf on a trailer for comps. We are considering selling this and getting an FEC 100. I was wondering if anybody has any cons on these units? I know all the good and heard tons of pros but no cons really. Please help. Thanks.
I am very happy with my FEC and would buy it again it I were starting over. As far as cons, I can think of a few...

1. Need electricity. This is generally not a problem, but most of us who cook competitions carry back up power of some sort just in case. For home or restaurant use this isn't as big of a deal.

2. It contains electronics and mechanical parts that can fail. The FEC is incredibly reliable, but failures happen.

3. If you like a heavy some flavor then the FEC may not be for you. There are ways to add more smoke flavor, but it will never be as strong as a stick burner.

4. People call you names like "cheater" or "pellethead" or "pellet pooper"

Sunday, 8/10/2014 Brethren Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :)

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote