THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, I've had to stretch the rules just a tad to get an entry in this time. I keep thinking that each entry will be the last until I get back to my smoker, but somehow I've managed to keep up pretty well. For this "pulled" throwdown, I pulled some string cheese.

IMG_6241.jpg

I don't know how many years I've been coming here and never before noticed that this apartment actually was equipped with a grill, until my brilliant and ever observant wife pointed it out to me the other day. I know some of you scoff at gas grills and electric smokers. Hey, we use what's available, right?

IMG_6275.jpg

I have absolutely no idea what OPTIGRILL even means, but it sure is cute. I assembled some local products and even managed to include some "imported" Latvian string cheese that we didn't eat on our discount flight from Riga.

IMG_6240.jpg

I assembled and grilled the tapas. Here's the finished product:

IMG_6243.jpg

I couldn't resist turning this into an episode:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88626

Yes Guerry, there's even a squirrel in it.

Just a few pics of my first pulled pork!

I'm cooking for myself so it's just a small 1.8kg (4#) pork neck smoked for 8 hours on the drum until done. What a revalation! It's seriously the tastiest thing I've eaten.

Rested, pulled and served with freshly made slaw, home made bbq and vinegar sauce, on home made sourdough buns and washed down with a nice hoppy home brewed all grain pale ale.

Life seriously doesn't get any bettter.

Can't decide which pic for the throwdown, I wish I took more before smashing that sandwich. I guess #2.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Well I smoked a few Boston Butts in the 22.5 WSM over some Kingsford, apple wood chips and some hickory chunks. I also smoked some fresh corn on the cob and topped with fresh herb butter. Then I decided to make some homemade black pepper vinegar red cabbage and green onion slaw.

Rubbin’ My Butt

IMG_5775.jpg

Getting Ready
IMG_5779.jpg

Smokin’ Dat Butt
IMG_5783.jpg

The Slaw
IMG_5912.jpg

The Corn
IMG_5929.jpg

The Pulled Pork Sammie
My entre pic
IMG_5932.jpg

Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese

Ok guy this week I did a buffalo chicken mac and cheese. I started with chicken breast dusted with our rub and smoked on the UDS for 3 hrs. The chicken was then pulled and combined with butter and hot sauce. Macaroni was cooked and a beschemel sauce was made with butter milk and cheese blends. All ingredents were combined and put back on UDS for about 45 mins. I then topped it with pepper jack,habenero and cheddar cheeses and into the oven for 15 mins. I then topped finished product with bleu cheese and consumed.

Last edited:
Cuban Sammie

Bought some cuban bread, ham, swiss cheese, and a pork loin. Rubbed the pork loin with our rub and smoked 3 hours. Assembled sammies with pickles on bottom, ham, swiss cheese, pulled pork loin and mustard on top. Wrapped in foil then back to the smoker to let the cheese just start to melt. Please use last photo for entry.

Attachments

• cuban sammie 001.jpg
    cuban sammie 001.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 120
  • cuban sammie 003.jpg
    cuban sammie 003.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 119
  • cuban sammie 005.jpg
    cuban sammie 005.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 119
  • cuban sammie 006.jpg
    cuban sammie 006.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 118
  • cuban sammie 007.jpg
    cuban sammie 007.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 118
  • cuban sammie 010.jpg
    cuban sammie 010.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 118
  • cuban sammie 013.jpg
    cuban sammie 013.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 117
  • cuban sammie 023.jpg
    cuban sammie 023.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 118
Great idea! Ok, everyone, for this throwdown, let your squirrel vote!

That's a great idea, Gore!

Unfortunately, my Squirrel has already been pulled for the throwdown so he's not in any shape to vote...:heh:

Back