BBQ Brethren "Pulled" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Pulled!"[/size]
BBQ-Pork_sandwiches.jpg

Photo from Gourmet Food Appetizers.

...as chosen by Shiz-Nit, the winner of the Sausage Throwdown!

I think you get the idea here...the entry must feature pulled meat.:becky:

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/9 through Sunday 7/18.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 7/18.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 7/19 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 7/23. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the You know, for Kids Throwdown until Sunday night 7/11 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Taco Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Well on the upside, we're only talking about pulling meat and not jerking or beating it. No matter what, there is most likely going to be sauce dribbling and spattering involved.

Off to the penalty box I go.

I'm thinking about roasting a bird and making pulled chicken. If I'm tired after smoking the bird is it within the rules to have my wife pull my chicken for me? I'd actually prefer that because, well...she's a great puller of the chicken. :pound:

Bout 98.6 I think but it will be rare though:shocked:

I want to try some pulled rabbit but my wife and youngest daughter give me mean looks everytime I say that.

Must......run.......to........the....penalty....box...........:tape:

This will be a joint effort TD!! The one who must be obeyed will be doing the pulling! She's a pro.... :boom::cheer2:

I'm thinking about roasting a bird and making pulled chicken. If I'm tired after smoking the bird is it within the rules to have my wife pull my chicken for me? I'd actually prefer that because, well...she's a great puller of the chicken. :pound:
Mine too! :wink:

It just dawned on me that I might run out of time for this Throwdown 'cause I'm pulling out of town Friday to judge a comp this weekend. So just in case I don't pull something out of my bag of tricks (or somewheres else :shock:) on Sunday, I'll have to enter my one good shot of pork we pulled on Tuesday. Imagine, we pulled nearly 80 pounds of butts that day, took close to 40 photo's and I have one photo that actually shows it.... :doh:

For starters.... Here's three of the butts we cooked.

DSC00734a.jpg

Here's two more ......​

DSC00741a.jpg

This one leads in the final picture....look how serious we are. Look in the lower left.... I think thats Thing from The Adams Family dishing up a plate. :thumb:​

DSC00803ac.jpg

And here is the entry shot...​

DSC00809a.jpg

Pulled Lamb Neck!

G'Day Bruces..

Now seriously, I got this idea from a cooking show on our cable TV here..

But it was a US TV show!

I'd never thought of doing a pulled lamb neck... but hey, why the fark not...

Here's my lamb neck with Zach's Brisket Rub...

DSC_0002_574.jpg

I Q'd it on the offset until it looked like this...
DSC_0003_575.jpg

But then I got a few drinks under the belt...

I wanted to present a magnificent pulled lamb dinner... but it took so long everyone else went to bed.

So, this is the pulled Lamb Neck.
DSC_0028_596.jpg

And it was awesome...

And here is what a very simple person does with it to make it into a comfort food.... toasted pulled lamb neck sammiches... you gotta be p!ssed blind to eat these....
DSC_0032_600.jpg

Yes... Aussie Lamb neck toasted Sammies!

Haw Haw!!!

Here's a shot of an open one....
DSC_0033_601.jpg

Pulled Lamb Neck... Cheese, Bread, Mustard.. In a toastie...

Deeeeeeelicious... Hmmmmnnnn. Homer's heaven, and mine too!

Chris... take your pic..

Cheers.

Bill

Back