View Single Post
Unread 07-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
SmokeJumper
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Grilled Fruit Funnel Cake Tower on Bacon Weave

We had a lot of fun making and eating this weeks "For Kids" Throwdown dish - Grilled Fruit Funnel Cake Tower on a Bacon Weave. We had a load of neighbors over for the event and everyone loved them (even adults).

I made my first bacon weave to go on the bottom.

I grilled peaches, pineapple, pluots, and apples to top the cakes.

Using the grilled fruit I created 3 kinds of fruit sauces and also a carmel sauce for the apples.

I set up to make funnel cakes outside on the deck.

Using a 10" springform pan mold in a dutch oven and a funnel to pour the batter, I fried over a dozen cakes at 375F.

For kids I pulled out 5" molds for mini funnel cakes.

I made my own personal funnel cake tower with two large and three small funnel cakes. First I started with the bacon weave and topped with a funnel cake done up with pineapple sauce and grilled pineapple.

The second cake was topped with grilled apples and carmel sauce.

The top 3 mini-cakes were topped with peach sauce, pluot/raspberry sauce, and pineapple sauce along with the corresponding grilled fruits. The final product was a tower of goodness! The bacon weave on the bottom was covered with the fruit and carmel sauce goodness. Yummmmmm.

This was a great way to introduce my daughter to solid foods. After staying awake for 72 hours she slept off the sugar high.

Thanks for taking a look at my Funnel Cake Tower!

26-1/2" OTG, A Clutch of BGEs, Hole in the Ground Brick Fire Pit
Second recipient of the Aussie Lamb Farker's (ALF) Award. EAT MOЯ LAMB!!
Got crabs with SmokinAussie!
Demented Architect of The MOINK Ball Timpano and Tower of Funnel (ToFu)
SmokeJumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->