View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #53
go77377
Found some matches.

I know this post is a few years olds, but I am not smart enough to smoke a brisket with a real fire, lol. I wish I could but I would throw away more briskets then I could eat. I use a Electric Smoker and I have no complaints about the flavor or tenderness. My biggest issue is obtaining a smoke ring. I guess you could say being here in Houston having a smoke ring is like judging a book by it's cover.

Anyway, I have researched to the end of the internet looking on how to obtain that smoke ring and it seems like my best resource is to use Morton's Tender Quick. I was looking at all the photos and reading the posts and I noticed that the brisket is cooked with the fat side down. I have read where most people prefer fat side up and fewer with the fat side down. I always do fat side up, so here is my question..... Being I cook fat side up would the TQ have any effect on the meat if I put it on the fatty side? If I did, should I let it stay on a little longer or will it not even penetrate the fat?

BTW, I have really enjoyed reading about this topic
go77377 is offline   Reply With Quote